Sunday, February 18, 2007

3:49

It's pretty late....
But it's so pretty out - I wish you were up to see it; I wish we had a cup of tea and we could curl up in a ball like puppies and just watch the snow...
It's coming straight down - no wind - giant flakes of snow in no particular hurry....
it's lovely; I think this may be the nicest snowfall of the season....
makes me happy that I'm an insomniac...

Today I am listening to Steve Earle...
I feel like he's been after me for a while - he's been coming up a lot lately and a bunch of other people have been listening to him, and then today at hmv I found Copperhead road lost in the fitness section, and I decided to replace my cassette tape (which easily hasn't been listened to in a decade)...
plesantly, Greg now thinks i am a fully functioning human being, having experienced me listening to something without death metal vocals....

I think the beauty of Steve earle is his 'master-of-the-bloody-obvious' quality....
I really love the song Waiting on you - there's nothing incredibly inovative about it, but I think that's why it works so well. I watched a commentary on an episode of Buffy once with Leslie, and I remember one of the characters is in the middle of a breakup and says to her boyfriend 'don't you love me anymore?' and the writers talked about what a difficult line that was to settle on - it's not creative, or unique, it sounds pretty lame.....but that's kinda how life goes and it works.....steve earle is like that, I think.....

'Here comes the night, day brings no light
For wrong or right I'm here waiting on you
Words cut too deep, old ghosts won't sleep
But they'll never keep me from waiting on you

Breathing out, breathing in
Holding out, giving in
Doing with or without
For a lifetime, just a lifetime'

Also - he's good cause you know however crappy your life is, his is most likely worse...and i's always reassuring to be reminded that there are people with worse problems out there...


Yet as much as I like the snow, I wish to avoid the predicted storm tomorrow. I have to work, and I have stuff I've been meaning to take care of that maybe I can get done if it does not snow, and god I need to get it done.....





I can't believe it's been three years - I never forget but I don't know that I'll ever be used to it.
from one, three that can only ever be two now... but probably never will be...
never again...
'demon'
I wonder if anyone would remember that but us....
= )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home