Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Skull puts the 'sum' in summer...

Home now - enjoying the inevitable relaxing one always wants to do after relaxing vacations.........and trying to figure out what to do with myself for the rest of the summer........

Spare time is lovely and everything, but I somehow became used to not having a lot of it; where I was once a person who had tonnes and thought that was perfect, now I get bored (or in all honesty, I’m not bored now, I just think I will be after July 9th when the world cup ends - sorry I really like football; I’ll stop talking about it I swear........although today was funny, I watched so many games I had them all mixed up and I knew who had won and lost I just had them beating teams who had in fact lost to a different team all together.....my poor brain is getting mushy from too many statistics........)

So summer plans.........

I need to get back at my artwork - I have been very lax these past few months and that is one of the only things about myself that disappoints me...........I love drawing and I am better for having done it, so how is it that I get so little done - so that is my main goal, I think............and I have a friend waiting on some artwork for his newest musical venture.....make that a couple of friends actually......

Also, there is school......I am debating whether or not it’s useful for me to do this Roman Civ intro that’s offered over the second half of the summer. It seems like a good idea. And it would start this coming Monday so I have to hurry up and decide........which would be aided immensely by figuring out how one goes about getting an honors and a masters and then a ph d, and where one does all these things, and how many languages one need know and so on and so forth.........yup - need to figure out school stuff. I know what I want to end up with, I just need to figure out how I’m getting there................and either way I plan to start studying Latin and the longer-neglected Greek again – yes, I know this makes me an incredibly big geek, but I’m ok with that............if I’m really gonna be a Classicist I can’t forget my languages every summer.........also my latin-friend says he plans to get back at said languages too - if he does it and I crap out, we will be in no where near the same league and that would be sad........

Need to learn how to play bass too...........in a kind of ‘frying-pan-into-the-fire’ sort of way - there’s a band waiting on me who can actually already play their respective instruments..........

And then there’s general summer fun, such as bonfires on beaches, eating ice cream, bubble tea and frozen coffee beverages, wandering around downtown, midnight swinging, soccer, driving around with the windows open listening to Highway to Hell (this is quintessential summer metal) and just your basic hanging out and doing nothing.............

Bring it on!


Music: Norther (who may or may not be simply a front for Children of Bodom) - Mirror of Madness

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Cove Women's Choir said...

KATHY HEARTS SKULL
true love always

9:00 AM  
Blogger Maidenskull said...

you are awesome kathy. make my summer more fun by seeing me!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home